Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apple Mallow Salad

Ok, ok . . . it's time I blog a recipe. So here's a yummy refreshing fruit salad. I made it today for a bridal shower and there weren't any left-overs, darn it. I like to make it for Thanksgiving, too -- although e.j. doesn't like it because it has marshmallows.

1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar
1 egg, beaten
1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 medium red apples, diced
2 medium green apples, diced
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup honey-roasted peanuts

Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.

Fold in whipped topping. Fold in the apples, marshmallows, and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts.

Yield: 16-20 servings

4 comments:

Will and Chelsea said...

Points for Annie for posting!! This looks and sounds so yummy!! I am a huge fruit salad fan so I can't wait to make it.

Emily said...

Yum! You've always got such yummy recipes; I'm glad you posted!

Jen said...

Yeah Annie! I am so excited to try it.

Potter Family said...

that looks yummy! hey its abby, how are you girls? what have you been up to? sorry emily. i gave you my wrong emailadress and blog spot adress, i am glad chelsea found me,love you guys tonz! abby