Thursday, May 27, 2010

Italian Spinach and Cheese Chicken

3 cups fresh spinach, thinly sliced
1 1/2 Tb. garlic, chopped (I like to double it)
3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 c. Italian cheese blend
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 -6 boneless chicken breasts

Combine spinach, garlic, tomatoes, cheese, and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Butterfly open each chicken breast and stuff with 1 to 2 Tb. mixture. Close the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Arrange chicken breasts in a greased pan and top with remaining spinach mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 - 35 minutes.
(I like to marinate the chicken in Italian Dressing beforehand - it gives it more flavor. I also add extra cheese on top during the last five minutes of baking. Delicious served with pasta!)

4 comments:

Will and Chelsea said...

Sounds delicious!! I really want to try it... yum yum yum!

No Place Like Home said...

Great recipe! I need new and fresh meals to make. haha

Also, I have a new blog and I'm offering a giveaway be sure to check it out. :-)

http://sahm27.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-giveaway.html

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

Looks yummy!

Thanks for visiting on my SITS day. Come back any time. You're always welcome.

Suzzie Vehrs said...

wow. this looks AMAZING!